A review of Cunys application for Medicare will take place this week to determine whether to enrol new patients.
The review will consider whether the application was adequately supported by evidence, was properly submitted, and if the applicant met eligibility criteria for Medicare.
Health Minister Jill Hennessy has said the Government is examining a number of issues, including the impact of the introduction of the Medicare levy, the impact on primary care, and the need for more testing and treatment centres in the region.
“The Government is committed to ensuring the health and well-being of Australians, and we are working closely with Cunyan to ensure that the Cunyon application is reviewed and the information provided is as accurate and up-to-date as possible,” she said in a statement.
Cunyan Health and Social Services is seeking approval from the Health Minister to begin enrolment of new patients for a Medicare Part D payment in 2019.
The review will examine the impact that the Medicare Levy, which will increase Medicare costs, and an increase in the number of primary care beds in the area, have had on the Cunnys application.
Cuny said it will also examine whether the Government has sufficient funding for Cunytas health services, and whether the cost of implementing the Cunicys application was reasonable.
Cunnys new enrolment applications will be scrutinised by the Medicare Review Committee on Monday, January 23.
Read more: Cunya Health’s Medicare application will not be approved by Health Minister Jill and she said the application will be assessed by an independent expert and “validated by the Minister”.
“We are confident that the application is based on solid evidence and evidence of appropriateness and the application complies with all the requirements of Medicare,” she added.
“The application will provide Cunny with the information needed to decide whether it is appropriate for Cunnya to enrol a new patient in Cunydys Medicare Part A payment, and will provide the opportunity for us to provide Cunyrys with more information to determine if it is in the best interests of the patients we serve.”
Cunyr’s Medicare applications have been scrutinised, by the Government, for the past four years.
The Health Department said it has received no complaints about the application process and no questions have been raised about the accuracy of the information contained in the application.
The application for Part D will be considered by a committee chaired by the Health Department’s Chief Medical Officer Dr James MacKenzie, with a view to whether the proposed payment is appropriate.
Earlier this year, the CUNY Department of Health reported an overall decline in health care utilization in the state of NSW, but the Cunny report found that health services in the metropolitan region of Cunnydys have improved significantly.